Register for an Account NOW

Register for an account now! As part of this closed community for employees of TDCJ, registrations will close from time to time. It's important that you register for access to help the community grow as well.

UPDATE: You are no longer required to use an actual email address. You will miss out on notifications, etc, but when signing up you may use a fake email address. You will gain immediate access to the forums.

Region 2 here....

Beto, Boyd, Coffield, Cole, Gurney Transfer Facility, Hodge, Hutchins, Johnston, Michael, C. Moore Transfer Facility, Powledge, Skyview, and Telford Units.
TDCJTalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Region 2 here....

Postby TDCJTalk » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:37 pm

MightyMe wrote:
rabass wrote:Most definitely! The training sgts were trying to syk us out about the cameras. Be nice to get a break and actually go outside.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Screw their cameras! We already work with them on us at work, we can definitely survive a classroom on camera. The real people that should be afraid of the cameras is the instructors. Some of the things they do won't be happening anymore. lol

They always want you to fear the cameras. Use the cameras to your advantage people. You can hold TDC accountable with them just as they do you.
I own the place, but that doesn't mean I'm perfect. Only one man is perfect and none of us are him.

computersAreForNerds
Contributor
Contributor

Postby computersAreForNerds » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:31 am

The cameras can save your job just as fast as they can take them. Don't do stupid stuff and you have nothing to worry about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDCJTalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TDCJTalk » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:22 am

computersAreForNerds wrote:The cameras can save your job just as fast as they can take them. Don't do stupid stuff and you have nothing to worry about

The quicker people realize that and stop trying to "act" for the camera, they'll be better off.
I own the place, but that doesn't mean I'm perfect. Only one man is perfect and none of us are him.

computersAreForNerds
Contributor
Contributor

Postby computersAreForNerds » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:23 am

Exactly!!

pggaultco5
VIP
VIP

Postby pggaultco5 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:42 am

Very good and sound advice! Just do your job and follow the policies, and you never have to worry whether the camera is on or off!! I just find it sad, that there are sooo nany CO'S that don't care, and truly don't know how to do their job according to TDCJ Policies!! Folks need to read them and be prepared to stand firm upon them!! When you know the policies, you can never go wrong!! Been there....done that!!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

TDCJTalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TDCJTalk » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:59 am

pggaultco5 wrote:Very good and sound advice! Just do your job and follow the policies, and you never have to worry whether the camera is on or off!! I just find it sad, that there are sooo nany CO'S that don't care, and truly don't know how to do their job according to TDCJ Policies!! Folks need to read them and be prepared to stand firm upon them!! When you know the policies, you can never go wrong!! Been there....done that!!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

TDCJ intentionally keeps the policy vague and for the most part out of reach of front line staff. Ask!!! Ask for copies, ask what the policy is when your unsure of an order. It's your career!

computersAreForNerds
Contributor
Contributor

Postby computersAreForNerds » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:01 am

I get a copy of 2 policies a week from HR and keep them in a binder in my car.

TDCJTalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TDCJTalk » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:02 am

computersAreForNerds wrote:I get a copy of 2 policies a week from HR and keep them in a binder in my car.

That's your personnel directives. What about AD's, SM's, ED's, etc.? Go to your OR Sergeant and get the rest of the info.

computersAreForNerds
Contributor
Contributor

Postby computersAreForNerds » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:04 am

All of them. Well at least ours has been getting copies for me.

MightyMe
Dreamer
Dreamer

Postby MightyMe » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:19 am

computersAreForNerds wrote:All of them. Well at least ours has been getting copies for me.

Usually HR just looks at you crazy when you ask for anything other than a PD. Kudos to your HR.
MightyMe: Challenge me, I dare you!

Return to “Region 2”